Fedora and socket binding

Found it.  Used redcarpet to search for packages related to firewall and
discovered redhat-config-securitylevel, which I'd forgotten all about.  I
don't know what it sits on top of (iptables, probably) but I ran it and
sure enough "enable firewall" was checked, with no trusted services.
turned that firewall off, and now all is better.

Thanks!

Duane