[blu] Re: Photo Album

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Chris Devers wrote:

> The other feature I'd like in a photo site engine would be an architecture
> that is friendly to people who can scp/rsync over new photo directories.
> That way, I could just copy over a fresh batch of photos to my web server,
> and the photo engine would -- maybe as a cron job -- find the new content
> and do various forms of auto-magic (make thumbnails, build & cache pages,
> etc). I don't want to have to upload everything through a web form if I
> can just as easily copy the files over and tell the server where to look
> for new content (or better still, let it be auto-discovered).

*cough* YAPPA *cough*
I use it, its kinda amateurish, but all I have to do is scp all my photos
over to a directory that I specify in the config, and it automagically
converts thumbnails and dynamic resizing on the fly via ImageMagick.

http://www.innismir.net/photos/

Which reminds me, I need to start making a tree of albums. :)

--
/"\  Ben Jackson
\ /  bbj <at> innismir.net - http://www.innismir.net/