Wipro's Azim Premji - 'The man who wants to take your jobs'

Zack Cerza wrote:

> [...]
> That is, this outsourcing is an equalizer. While equalizers tend to help the
> majority, the minority (us) will feel the pain. Yes, it will hurt. But from
> this perspective, it should happen. This is Capitalism, folks, which I hear
> (whether or not you like it) is the American Way.

That's PART of the American Way, yes...

> > As for the companies that do it, however, It's plain to see that we're not
> seeing lowered costs as a result of this. In fact, as customers our
> experience seems to be worsening. Think outsourced helplines, and how they
> seem to be utterly clueless. But that's not the employees' fault; that's
> Dell's fault, and Fleet's fault, and whoever else decides to cut corners.

And here's the other part. Until we collectively get massively pissed
off and actually STOP SHOPPING with these companies, they're going to
CONTINUE doing what works. UNTIL they feel some pain, all the pissing
and moaning in the world won't help. So IF you still buy from Dell and
IF you still shop a Walmart, YOU'RE NOT HELPING.

It seems a lot of people want the government to do something to stop the
evil outsourcing, but still want to save a few bucks shopping with these
same companies.

> Feel free to trample this, as it is my own train of thought and thus could be
> totally wrong.

I do think it's the American Way to highlight the activities of
"representatives" in Government who facilitate some of the nonsense such
as bringing IN cheap labor.

I know some of this is natural, and must happen. But I also think
there's a lot of greed in play.

- Bob