Wipro's Azim Premji - 'The man who wants to take your jobs'

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 08:45:30PM -0500, Robert La Ferla wrote:
> My strong advice to American programmers:
>
> 1.  VOTE IN THE ELECTION.  Be very carefuly who you vote for in the
> upcoming presidential election including any and all congressmen.  It is
> quite clear that if Colin Powell goes to India to assure them work while
> US citizens go unemployed, he's not your friend even if you are
> Republican.  There are other Republicans that are on your side.
> Politics should work for you and never against you.  Don't buy into
> propaganda and lies.  Support politicians that support you.
>
> 2.  VOTE EVERYTIME YOU BUY.  If Dell is using foreign workers, they
> don't need your money.  If Fleet is dumping their IT staff to
> outsourcing, put your money elsewhere.  Research the companies that you
> and family does business with. Invest in companies that invest in you.
>
> 3.  BE PERSISTENT AND VOCAL.  Tell your friends and colleagues about the
> issue of outsourcing.  Make it known that certain companies outsource
> and praise those companies that invest in your country.
>
> In 90's we were spoiled.  As a result, we are now the fatted calf.  If
> you want to be the slaughtered calf, leave things alone.  You know how
> they say you have to pick your battles:  PICKED!

Say, is there any way we can relate this discussion back to Linux?  Like
maybe "damn those foreign programmers submitting patches before American
programmers can get even see the bugs - it's just not fair with the TZ
difference" or "that darn Linus and his incomprehensible Finnish
pronunciations - from now on I'm using good old american BSD (except the
one run by that crazed Canadian)."

- Mike