'The man who wants to take your jobs'

 > society should be able to come up with a system for providing ample food,
 > clothing, shelter, medicine and transportation for the 6 billion people in
 > this world.  No '-ism' has been able to achieve that thus far.  Capitalism has
 > lasted longest--a couple of centuries--but over the next decade or so of
 > consolidating fortune-500 power I think it will become obvious to everyone
 > that it won't work.

I don't think I'd pack it in for capitalism just yet.  I think the bulk of the failures in capitalism lately can be fixed by effective antitrust regulation.  In the past few decades the existing antitrust laws have been effectively gutted by the judiciary with no workable response from congress.  The laws need to be updated to remove the workarounds used to abrogate their original intent.  You still won't have Utopia, but at least you can eliminate the problem where the Global Ubercorp buys or crushes all competition until they're the only game in town.

John Whitfield

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm