Need bootp or floppy image for 3com cs/2600

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 20:47, christoph at linuxsoup.com wrote:

> hey folks,
>
> i have a 3com cs/2600 terminal server for which i need either
> a bootp/tftp or floopy boot image.  Anyone have any idea where
> i could track something like that down?
>
> this is an old product for which 3com does not provide the
> necessary files on their ftp site.
>
> thanks for any advice.
>
> - christoph

I poked around on 3com's website, and it seems their policy on
discontinued products is to require a service contract before
they allow you to receive the drivers:

    http://support.3com.com/software/terminal_srvrs.htm

    3Com Software Library - Additional Files - Terminal Servers
    NOTE: We have additional software available under our Software
    Updates Service(contract required.) The products covered include
    CS2500, CS2600, CS3000, CS3100 (COMServer products). For more
    information see our Software Updates Service overview.
    [ http://www.3com.com/products/dsheets/software.html ]

Oh wait, that next link gives a "Not Found" page.

I guess the lesson here is, "3com sucks".

Email jabr at blu.org / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0xD5C7B5D9