Newbie - Write and Edit

I agree. OpenOffice.org Writer is great for writing. I use it all the
time. I've done very limited publishing (kind of) using OOWriter, and it
stinks for that job. I could get better results from a web browser and
HTML. (Seriously.) I used to use Microsoft Publisher back in the day,
and that old, back-then version would blow away OOWriter today. But
that's okay, because OOWriter is a word processor, not a DTP, and it
serves the needs of the writer most excellently, and a DTP program would
not. It's only recently that I've needed to do DTP work on my Linux box.
(Got laid off. Needed new resume and portfolio in a hurry. Now looking
for a job.) I've never tried Scribus, but I probably will the next time
I need to do DTP.

-TimK
--
http://www.jtse.com/timk/