Forgotten root password

Derek Martin said on 4/10/2004 2:22 AM:

> On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 12:19:58AM -0400, Drew Taylor wrote:
>
>>I'm downloading the Fedora ISO images right now. Thank goodness for
>>Comcast's upgrade. The first disc maxed out at 345KB/sec, and the other
>>two are simultaneous at 140KB/sec. :-) Thanks for the advice. Sometimes
>>you just need a kick in the pants to get things done.
>

> I keep meaning to grab these, myself.  SK's broadband connections have
> really fantastic bandwidth in both directions...  I often see transfer
> rates of around 500KB/s.

Who is SK? Is that at work or home? I'd love that much bandwidth!

> I downloaded the bit torrent client a few
> weeks ago, expressly for that purpose, but I haven't gotten around to
> setting it up and getting the files...  Sigh.
>
> Are you using the torrent, or have you found fast mirror sites?

I was using the mirror sites. Disc 1 came from rpmfind.net. Discs 2-3
came from hiwaay.net. After Disc 1 I couldn't get a single connection to
max out the cable modem, so I just downloaded them concurrently and
pegged it that way. :-)

Drew
Drew Taylor          *  Web app development & consulting
drew at drewtaylor.com  *  Site implementation & hosting
www.drewtaylor.com   *  perl/mod_perl/DBI/mysql/postgres