dual boot with ME failing

Hi,
  I did boot my windows from a bootable CD and rank fdisk /mbr
  But now, when I remove the bootable CD and try to restart windows, I get a
"missing operating system" message.
  Seems like I lost the dual boot and hence cant get into the linux
partition (as well as the windows).
  Is there anything I can do to recover from here?

thanks and regards,
-kalyan

>From: Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
>To: BLU Discussion List <discuss at blu.org>
>Subject: Re: dual boot with ME failing
>Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 05:33:37 -0400
>
>On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 05:10:03 +0000
>"Kalyan Vaidyanathan" <kalyan_v at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >   I do have a bootable DOS disk, and I presume clearing MBR will mean
> >   that I
> > will lose the dual boot option.  I have grub for dual boot and I dont
> > know how to ensure that I can put it back on.  Or am I completely off
> > base?
>Make sure you have a way to boot Linux from CD or diskette. Once you
>clear the MBR, you can try to boot Windows. If successful, then you can
>easily reinstall GRUB in the MBR and resume dual boot.
>--
>Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
>Boston Linux and Unix user group
>http://www.blu.org PGP key id:C5061EA9
>PGP Key fingerprint:053C 73EC 3AC1 5C44 3E14 9245 FB00 3ED5 C506 1EA9
><< attach3 >>

Premium!