GIMP install help - URGENT

gboyce at badbelly.com wrote:

>Gimp 2.0.1 RPM for Fedora:
>ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/users/drc/gimp-2.0.1-1.i386.rpm
>
>There are other RPMs including a source RPM in the same directory.

My problem with using the RPM was that it would fail due to unmet
dependencies, and some of those dependencies (like a lib) were not
available anywhere in RPM format, or just didn't make sense to me (like
X is required by Z [not installable]).

I'm thinking now that my system got out of whack somewhere (early) along
the process, and then nothing was going to work without discovering and
reversing the earlier mistake.

I'm sure to learn something tonight if I get a chance to share my shell
session log.

If I have time, I'll re-install Fedora, then the GIMP RPM

--
FREePHILE
We are 'Open' for Business