[blu] Re: Laptop recommendations

On Fri, 14 May 2004, Ben Jackson wrote:

> Remember, Inspirons aren't the only laptops Dell makes. I hate Inspirons.
> I hate them with a passion, for all the reasons stated in this thread.
> However, Dell Latitudes are the best thing since Sliced bread. They don't
> suffer from most of the shortcomings that the Inspirons do, and they are
> smaller and lighter. I order them exclusively for work, and have one for
> my peronal laptop.

I have an older Dell Latitude CPx (500mhz P3 model) from work that had a
fairly big design flaw.  The screws slowly worked their way out causing
keyboard failures.  I even had a screw loose in the RAM comptartment that
messed up a ram chip pretty bad.

Besides that the laptop was very nice though, and if they've fixed the
screw problem I would definitely recommend them.

Just don't try to take my thinkpad away ;)