Fedora Core 2 available today!

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 12:49:51AM -0400, David Kramer wrote:
> Sometimes your job makes you.  Linux is neither perfect, or capable of doing
> every thing that Windows does.  Deal with it.

Yep, and thats why I have virtualpc on my laptop.  On my work laptop,
I do run OSX Panther, because I have to use word and excel more than
I'd like, and for the few times when I actually do have to use
windows, for things like our VPN, I boot virtualpc and do what I need
to do.  No dualbooting for me.

I might try out a Linux on here, with MOL, and run VPC through the MOL
session, I don't have any experiance with MOL though, does anybody
else on this list?  I am running Debian PPC on my G3 at home, and
booting it is incredibly annoying, because the only thing I can get
working is BootX, which to me is too much like 'loadlin'.

> Yeah, I'll hot glue a second hard drive to the outside of the laptop I'm gonna
> buy in a few weeks, so I can run Windows on a second spindle, because Miah
> says so.

vmware / bochs.  Alternatively, you could probably boot off a external
firewire drive.  Dual booting sucks, there are just so many issues you
get to deal with, especially on newer laptops where the manufacturer
wont give you a restoration cd and instead 'hides' the restore data in
unused sectors of the harddisk, or a seperate partition.  I've had to
configure too many IBM T40's for dualbooting here, and believe me when
I say its more work than its worth.  There are easier ways to do what
you are trying to do.

> When software is broken, the answer isn't "So don't do that", the answer is
> "So fix it".

Then fix it =)

-miah