Linksys routers and Visio replacement

On Friday 28 May 2004 2:29 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:
> "" <dracus at speakeasy.net> writes:
> > Greetings, all
> >
> > Let us see if this works this time....
> >
> > To help with a major re-organization of one of the datacenters of my
> > employer, I would like to map the current and running configuration of
> > the site.  So I would like a Visio replacement for Linux, if anyone
> > knows of one.  I need to move, add, remove, reconnect, etc servers,
> > switches, and routers on the fly.  As this is a site with a few
> > hundred servers, it is a non-trivial task.  Any pointers would be
> > greatly appreciated.
>
> I've never used Visio, but have you tried "Dia"?  It may or may
> not be what you're looking for.

I'll second the recommendation for Dia.
- It does what you want
- It runs on Windows *and* Linux, so Windows users can see/edit your docs
- It stores the diagrams in XML format for easy processing outside the app
- It does great posters for diagrams larger than one sheet
- It rocks.  Yes it does.

--
DDDD   David Kramer                           http://thekramers.net
DK KD