laptop recommendations, Phase II

On Tuesday 01 June 2004 8:57 am, miah wrote:
> Also, the newer thinkpad's wireless NIC's don't play well with linux,
> though, maybe that's changed since I last checked.  I just remember
> spending far to long getting linux running on those things, what a pain.
>
> Looking now, I see 'madwifi' probably will work, but look at the doc
> that I had used, its definately not a 'plop in disk and install' type
> system: http://www.w-m-p.com/linux-on-t40.html
>
> I had to do several of these installs for people at work, not
> something I enjoyed.

I was under the impression that the Centrino hardware was fully supported now,
including the Intel WiFi card.  If not, there's madwifi and also ndiswrapper.

DDDD   David Kramer         david at thekramers.net       http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D  "Virtue has its own reward, but has no sale at the box office."
DK KD                                                             --Mae West
DDDD