I just *had* to comment.

On Wednesday 02 June 2004 2:24 pm, Cole Tuininga wrote:
> Neither can I.  Thankfully the sourceforge registry project is doing no
> such thing.  8)  If you took a look at the project page, it says very
> distinctly that it makes use of an XML format.

Not exactly.  It states that there are certain commands (like "edit" that can
export a set of keys into an XML file for editing, then suck the changed keys
back in, but it does not say anything about the registry itself being in XML
format.

I will admit missing the part where it says that the registry is stored in
cleartext though.  That removes one of my major objections to this
implementation.

DDDD
DK KD  Being born was such a surprise,
DKK D  I couldn't talk for a year and a half!
DK KD
DDDD                            Gracie Allen