Drive size limit?

I think I know the answer, but I don't like it, so I'm double checking.

We have very large storage needs here at work, but in a small dept.  We
picked up a RAID enclosure for 12 drives, full of 250GB HDDs.  With 1 spare
backup and a RAID-5 configuration I should, in theory, get about 2.4 TB of
space.

An email to Adaptec, as I'm connecting via SCSI to this RAID, and some
googling suggests that one cannot connect a PC to a drive bigger that 2
Terabytes.  Is this really the case, or can I get around this?  I realize I
can just create several RAIDs on the controller and then use software to
make them into 1 drive, but this is less than ideal as more RAIDs means
losing more storage space.

thanks all.

--
"Could I have been anyone other than me?"
--Dave Matthews Band--

Kindly yours,
Billy SG McCarthy