Getting started w/ Debian

David Kramer wrote:

> Drew Taylor wrote:
>
>> I'm planning on doing my first Debian install this week via the
>> install option of Knoppix. I just burned the latest V3.4 cd last
>> night. The instructions to install to a drive are straightforward.
>>
>> So I'm looking more for thoughts that might help a (Debian) newbie.
>> I've been using RedHat for years, so I'm no stranger to Linux. Any
>> gotchas, important hints, etc that might be specific to Debian are
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Drew
>

> Start with *AT LEAST* two six-packs of your favorite beer, and wear a
> baseball cap so you don't pull your hair out.   ;)

Interesting observation David. Are you implying I might be better off
fumbling through a Fedore install? ;-) I'm thinking Debian this time
because I've seen many people on this list swear by it. But I'm always
open to other options - I want to play some but I mainly want a good
platform I can develop the new app on.

Drew
Drew Taylor                 *  Web development & consulting
Email: drew at drewtaylor.com  *  Site implementation & hosting
Web  : www.drewtaylor.com   *  perl/mod_perl/DBI/mysql/postgres