USB Flash Drive Purchasing Advice

On Tuesday 20 July 2004 12:03, Drew Taylor wrote:
> Brendan wrote:
> > My Lexar rubberized  Jumpdrive survives anything I throw at it and works
> > great with Linux, and Windows. 256 MB on special at newegg for $23
> > shipped a few weeks back.
>
> Is this a USB 1.1 or 2.0 drive? That price is insanely awesome if it's a
> 2.0 drive. How does it feel speed-wise? For $23 I'm very tempted to go
> out and get one just because...

2.0, and honestly, speed is not even an issue unless you need it to be fast.
It's more about the versatility, the packaging, how tough it is, how easy it
is to lose the cap, if it's low power, bootable...It's everything else, but
the speed, no matter who tells you that. The arstechnica article was
amazingly useful.