need help - how to do between lilo and grup

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 08:28:24AM -0700, Dava Peters wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have Redhat 7.1 system and try to install Redhat ES
> 3.0.
> My question is how can I run lilo and grup at the same
> time? or How can I switch between 7.1 and ES 3.0? I
> don't know how lilo and grup can work together.
> Does anyone with experience with this.

The simplest thing to do, to support a multi-boot system, is to configure
whichever bootloader you prefer to boot either system.

My guess is one of your systems is installing LILO and the other is
installing grub... yes? Either one of those is capable of booting both
systems - so just pick the one you prefer and set up boot commands for
both systems with it.

Now, you could support both bootloaders - put one on the MBR and another
on another drive, and have the first boot the second... but that's a
more complex and confusing solution than just using one bootloader.

Nathan