automated social engineering at it's best (maybe?)

I can confirm that this is indeed a very widely aimed social engineering
trick.  However, whoever sent it to me must have been a bit less crafty
because mine came from "duncan at otnews.net".

Needless to say, it's a bit like seeing the harness under the spiderman
suit, the illusion is lost and it stops looking convincing and starts
looking like a cheap trick.

Happy hunting.
Tim.

--- Snip ---
Dear user tim.keller at stratus.com, administration of stratus.com would like
to inform you that:

We have detected that your email account has been used to send a large
amount of spam messages during this week.
We suspect that your computer had been compromised and now runs a trojaned
proxy server.

Please follow the instructions in order to keep your computer safe.

Sincerely yours,
stratus.com user support team.
-- End Snip ---