Next Question [was: Grub on MBR just won't "take" (RESOLVED)]

On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 10:54, Don Levey wrote:
>  wrote:
> > On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 20:09:32 -0400, Don Levey <lug at the-leveys.us>
> > wrote:
> >> I've tried grub-install, and that reports a successful return code,
> >> but still no go.

I finally got a little bit intelligent, and tried the drive in another
machine.  Grub started right up - the boot sector was there all the
time.  Since I've been using the IDE controller on the motherboard, the
conclusion is that the controller must have fried along with the
original disk.

I've been considering replacing the board/CPU anyway.  I've got the
installation completed, and would like to just move the drives onto
another board.  Here's the question: when I installed from the Fedora
disks (no extensive configuration yet), did it do anything that would
make swapping motherboards a problem?  I expect to have pretty much the
same memory, hard drives, video, etc - just the board and CPU will
change.  It was an AMD 1.15MHz, and I'll probably just go for a faster
AMD processor - anyone think there are any "gotchas", or should I just
forge ahead?

 -Don