Next Question [was: Grub on MBR just won't "take" (RESOLVED)]

If you want to keep that mobo around for some other use, you might consider
purchasing a Promise IDE controller. The promise cards have drivers in the
kernel source, in the event that they don't come supported out of the box
with your distro of choice. The cards sometimes are free, bundled with large
IDE drives by Maxtor, for instance. Other times you can see people trying to
sell those free ones for like $15 on craigslist.

--
David Backeberg (dave at microway.com)
Microway Technical Support - http://www.microway.com

(508) 732-5542 Direct