Next Question [was: Grub on MBR just won't "take" (RESOLVED)]

 wrote:
> If you want to keep that mobo around for some other use, you might
> consider purchasing a Promise IDE controller. The promise cards have
> drivers in the kernel source, in the event that they don't come
> supported out of the box with your distro of choice. The cards
> sometimes are free, bundled with large IDE drives by Maxtor, for
> instance. Other times you can see people trying to sell those free
> ones for like $15 on craigslist.

Well, I need at least 3 (if not 4) IDE channels, due to the RAID I'm setting
up on this machine.  So while I happen to have a Promise card, that's going
on to the new mobo.  The old one will probably be used for another purpose
anyway, and I will need to check the second onboard IDE controller to see if
that fried also.  Thanks!
 -Don