steel-wool panty liners = Java?

Eric wrote, On 08/03/2004 10:40 PM:

> "HORRIBLE design decisions.  That language should be kept in the kinky
> toy box, next to the steel-wool panty liners and the ziploc baggie of
> leaky Elbow Grease tubes.  - Crash, on Java"
> ~From http://blu.org/pipermail/discuss/2004-August/046402.html
> Wow, that's harsh!  I'm no programmer, only fiddle around with Java some
> in my free time, but what are the major design problems?

I suppose you would have to ask Crash[0].  But some people feel that Sun tried
to make a safer language, but the things they had to put in there so
programmers could get their work done make it more complicated.

On top of that, some feel the whole "java certification" program became more
politics than technical merit.

On top of that, the fact that Sun runs around talking about Java is open and
.NET is closed, but actually keep the java spec closed, bothers some.

On top of that, Crash likes saying shocking, controverical things that piss
people off.

[0] Crash is a friend of mine.  He's appeared several times on Junkyard Wars,
and is an evil scientist, who himself should be kept in the kinky toy box.

--
DDDD
DK KD  "Apparently the most controversial thing we ever had on _Buffy_