steel-wool panty liners = Java?

David J. C. Beach wrote, On 08/04/2004 09:20 AM:

> There is a sort of mentality from some Java programmers that the
> language is near perfect, overshadowing everything else from the last 50
> years of computer programming history.  IMO, the developers who exhibit
> this degree of fanaticism about Java are typically the ones who have the
> least experience with software development in other languages.

This is reflected by two of my biggest software development rants of mine over
the past near-decade:

- Schools today, even technical ones, teach programming languages, but not the
arts of software design or development.

- Anyone who sees all problems as nails that will work with their "One True
Hammer", as opposed to using the right tool for the right job, is either
irrationally biased, or insufficiently experienced in the other tools that are
out there.  Note- Insufficient experience is a lot easier to fix than
irrational bias.

DDDD   "The fantasy element that explains the appeal of dungeon-clearing
DK KD  games to many programmers is neither the fire-breathing monsters nor
DKK D  the milky-skinned, semi-clad sirens; it is the experience of carrying
DK KD  out a task from start to finish without user requirements changing."
DDDD                                                     - Thomas L. Holaday