NFS Over Internet (was: ... Beowulf (cluster) installations?

| sftp distribution of a file to multiple notes in a cluster is fairly
| laughable.  Having a dated Linux NetworX cluster here (11 node amd
| athlon) if I told the researchers they had to sftp to each node they'd
| probably punch me.
|
| -miah

Yeah; I'd agree. And NFS would probably be the least effort, once you
get  it  running.   You  might also consider rsync.  It can be fairly
convenient to have a central "library" that  holds  all  your  stuff,
rsync it daily to all the other machines, and maybe have some install
scripts to run on each machine the first time something is needed.