fetchmail error

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 02:36:49PM +0000, dan moylan wrote:
> >> On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 13:36:20 UT "dan moylan" <jdm at moylan.info> wrote:
> >>      .fetchmail: SMTP error: 553 sorry, that domain isn't
> >>      in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)
> >>   fetchmail: can't even send to moylan!
> >> what isn't set up correctly?
>
> jerry writes:
> > Looks like your firewall.
>
>   ACCEPT               all  --      anywhere anywhere    state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
>   ACCEPT               tcp  --      anywhere anywhere    state NEW tcp dpt:ssh
>   ACCEPT               tcp  --      anywhere anywhere    state NEW tcp dpt:http
>   ACCEPT               tcp  --      anywhere anywhere    state NEW tcp dpt:https
>   REJECT               all  --      anywhere anywhere    reject-with icmp-host-prohibited
>
> what is specific to eth0 but not ppp0?  i tried
> system-config-securitylevel and saw a check box for eth0,
> but none for ppp0.  where is the iptables configuration file
> anyway?

Its in:
/etc/sysconfig/iptables

Its syntax is not the same as the scripts you use to set up iptables.
You set it by setting up iptables the way you want it and then running:
iptables-save

See man 8 iptables-save

However - given the error message above:
>>>.fetchmail: SMTP error: 553 sorry, that domain isn't
>>>      in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

The your prob might not be in your firewall.  If it isn't
it may be in your fetchmail config, or your smtp config.

Make sure you have a mapping statement in your .fetchmailrc like:

poll mail.mailserver.net protocol POP3: user POPUserName, with password secret, is LocalName here;

Please note usually neither of POPUserName and LocalName can have ANY
domain name in them.  eg, no ".com" or ".edu" or ".ca" etc...

--
Linux/Open Source.  Now all your base belongs to you, for free.
Idealism:  "Realism applied over a longer time period"