Steps to Big BLU

I've been thinking about the Big BLU computer. I think it would be hugely
fun and the contests would be some serious hacker fun.

The problem is where and who pays.

I've been trying to figure out how to get it done, and maybe "Big BLU"
isn't *a* computer, it is a meet up, like an installfest.

We can have some meetings and discussions, where we share tip and tricks
on how to setup LAM/MPI, ssh, and other things on our various boxes. Some
hands on help for the newbes, and some talks by the experienced. This
should make it possible for us to come up with a "Big BLU" software
specification.

We vote on the challenges. Give ourselves the time to work with our tems
to perfect our code, then we meet. We all bring one or two computers with
us. We'll have one admin server with DHCP, shared network, etc.

We make a batch of knopix-esque "Big BLU" boot CDs. Basically "flash mob"
the actual computer for the contests.

It's no problem if you only have one computer, you can develop software
using LAM/MPI on one CPU.

How does this work for you guys?