Major Clock Drift

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:26:51 -0400 (EDT)
David Kramer <david at thekramers.net> wrote:

> Yup.  At Polaroid, this guy couldn't get an app to compile at all, and
> was getting strange error messages, so he called me over.  Duh, his
> machine's date was set for sometime in 1971.
I've contracted at Polaroid, That is SOP :-).
Years ago at Digital we had a project that ran on both Ultrix and VMS.
Apparently one of the VMS systems was upgraded, and the time zone was
set wrong. My boss got on my case because a bug was not fixed in his
system. The reason was that because of the time zone issue, the latest
version of his code did not rebuild my modules.

But, I've also been on systems where the clocks were off by a few
seconds because someone was not running ntp.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group