Major Clock Drift

On Aug 30, 2004, at 11:28 AM, Jerry Feldman wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:58:56 -0400
> Josh Pollak <pardsbane at offthehill.org> wrote:
>
>> Yeah, NFS, Make, and our source control (AccuRev) are all super
>> grumpy. I started running ntpd, which has 'fixed' the problem.
> All computer clocks drift. As I mentioned, every system using the same
> source control should be fully synchronized. Even if your clock did not
> drift, if you manually set it, other systems could be off by small
> amounts. All code management systems are very picky about time.

Yes, yes, I know that. I would clarify that to say 'all good code
management systems'. MS VSS didn't seem to care which way was up, let
alone what time it was. But that's because it exclusively uses
exclusive locking. Anyway, yeah, I'll try messing with hwclock and
report back if I discover anything noteworthy.