TiVo hacking and Free Stuff

Linux content:

Has anyone hacked a TiVo? I want to set mine up to not encrypt the
files and allow me to copy them off the drive to my PC for burning. I
can't find a good tutorial on the web.

For Free:
I just posted this on Craigslist, but if anyone here wants dibs, let me
know. I've got 2 16" Sun monitors (color I think), a few SUN lunch
boxes, a SparcStation 1 (or so), and a few external tape drives. All
free for the taking, in whole or in part. I've decided to throw it away
if no one claims it in a week or so.

Also a giant Mitsubishi Diamond Scan 20" monitor (component video in, I
have an VGA-to-component cable), I think its max res is 1024x768 at 60
hz, but it might go higher. Its free. And heavy. Also going to the
great computer store in the sky if no one wants it.

-Josh