why you should try MythTv

miah wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 11:10:17AM -0400, Josh Pollak wrote:
>
>>I'll concede that point, but I can't imagine ever wanting to watch four
>>shows that overlap. Besides, we now (just recently) have a cable-box,
>>and you can only tune that to one channel at a time.
>

> You generally only need a cable box to decode the expensive channels
> like HBO.  You should be able to get standard cable on any other tv
> without the box.

Now that many cable systems have gone over to digital, this is no longer
true. The more basic channels are still typically available from any TV,
but anything in the digital tier can only be seen with the help of a
cable box. And it's likely to get worse with time, as systems move more
content onto digital.