[blu] Re: why you should try MythTv

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Drew Taylor wrote:

> Which begs the question: What is the minimum hardware (CPU & GPU) needed
> for a MythTV front-end setup? Anyone with practical experience? Would
> one of my spare PIII 750 w/ built-in video do the trick?

I think so. I ran both backend and frontend on a P3-550 w/256MB of RAM and
a onboard 8MB of video (Matrox G200 IIRC). You  couldn't watch recorded
shows while it was recording without a noticable skip every 5s or so, but
doing one at a time it ran like a charm. The database was on a different
server though. YMMV

--
/"\  Ben Jackson
\ /  bbj <at> innismir.net - http://www.innismir.net/