Eudora Replacement

Mozilla mail can basically do all that, and its cross platform (osx,
irix, windows, linux, hpux, etc).  Thunderbird is the new replacement
for mozilla mail, and it works well, but i don't trust it as well yet.

The thing I like about mozilla is the fact that I can get it for just
about every OS that I've encountered.  As well it does just about
everything I expect a mail client to do.  And since I'd been using
Netscape Mail for years before that its grown on me.  I switch between
it and Mail.app(OSX) at work.

Though, mozilla mail is part of mozilla.. maybe thunderbird will suit
that need then?  There are others for linux as well, like Evolution,
though its been a long time since I used that. I personally use Mutt,
which does all the things you mentioned, but it is a text based
console app.  For filtering I use procmail, its basically the best
thing out there.  Its not as easy to configure, but you can make it
launch viewers for attachments, etc.

I've also used Kmail which worked really well, handled multiple
accounts well, included pgp support, worked out of the box with
opening up other viewers/etc, didn't crash, etc.  I really like what
the KDE team has done.

-miah