Eudora Replacement

miah wrote:

>Rather than starting from scratch, why not donate your time to an
>aleady existing project and help the implement the things you feel are
>missing.  Because the world really doesn't need Yet Another Broken
>Email Client.
>
>-miah
>
>On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 01:39:24PM -0400, Gordon Marx wrote:
>

>>Pinky, Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
>>I think so, Brain, but where are we going to find rubber pants our size?

Isn't that top-posting!?

Just bustin' and trying out this Thunderbird client (sorry if this is html).

Worthy of noting, Eudora uses an MDI model, where Thunderbird does not.
MDI (Multiple Document Interface) allows a window to have subordinate
windows.  So, if I have six mail folders open and thee mail messages
open, they are all still contained in one window that can be quickly
minimized down to a single icon in the task bar.  With Thunderbird I
have windows and folders splattered all over my desktop and task bar -
messy.

Also,  on-the-fly spellchecked bad-word highlighting would be nice.

Perhaps there are some options or extensions out there...

Ahh - Thunderbird supports mouse gestures, very nice!