Eudora Replacement

Jerry Feldman wrote, On 10/12/2004 09:08 PM:
> I'm using KMail at work, and while I like it, every once in a while it
> gets into a loop and takes about 98% of the CPU. (KDE 3.2 SuSE 9.1). My
> coworker has the same problem on KDE 3.3.

That's why I finally gave up on KMail.  It would sometimes freeze for over a
minute.  Unacceptable.  Now I use Thunderbird at home and pine through ssh or
squirrelmail through ssl when abroad.

KMail had one killer feature that seems to be lacking in almost all GUI MUA's.
  I need the ability to save outgoing messages in folders I choose.  For
instance, I have a seperate Sent folder for job search related emails.  Pine
is absolutely wonderful at this, with it's "Fcc:" pseudoheader, and even
allows me to associate address book entries with Fcc: settings.  Squirrelmail
also lets me do this.  KMail does this well, but I can't deal with the lockups.

Thunderbird doesn't let me do EXACTLY what I want, but it does let me save a
copy of the email I am composing to an arbitrary folder.  More work, and I
save two copies of the sent email, but it kinda accomplishes what I want.

DDDD   David Kramer                   http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D
DK KD  Pretense and adversity are inversely proportional;
DDDD   Adversity reveals the true nature of all things.