HTML not so evil (was Re: Eudora Replacement)

On Wednesday 13 October 2004 23:32, Derek Martin wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 10:37:17PM -0400, Brendan wrote:
> > On Wednesday 13 October 2004 19:37, Justin S. Peavey wrote:
> > > should I be forced to receive and store every multi-megabyte
> > > virus-ridden file that gets sent my way when a hyperlink to a location
> > > using real file transfer protocol will do just fine.
> >
> > Because it doesn't exist on line? I mean, even I could answer that
> > one...As lovely as ASCII is, sometimes a secretary has to attach a
> > spreadsheet... Not everyone exists in our little world with its white
> > walls and nice rules.
>
> If the secretary's company has a website, there could easily be a
> means provided to make the spreadsheet available from it.

This sound suspiciously like "I don't have a workable answer".

Just not gonna happen man. You can't change people's fundamental work methods
because you don't like attachments. It just isn't going to happen. Once you
find a fool proof way people can stay as lazy as they want, then that will
work.