Linux install problems

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 10:03:13PM -0800, John J. Herda wrote:
> Saturday, with a lot of help, my C drive was repartitioned and Fedors
> Core 2 was loaded. However, I have some problems as a result of the
> changes.
>
> 1. The Windows 98 partition no longer has access to my network
> (Linksys router and cable modem). So I can no longer print on the
> printer which is on another computer running Windows 98 or surf the
> web.

Its unlikely that adding Fedora to your system changed the contents of
your windows partition.  Given this premise - any problems your Windows
partition is now having are probably not being caused by Fedora.
(But... anything possible so we can't rule it out completely..)

> 2. I cannot seem to get Linux to connect to or even to find the
> printer on the windows 98 computer. So, I cannot print from there
> either.

How is your printer connected to the computer? (and is the power on to
your printer?, cables plugged in? etc.. )

> 3. I was able to read some files from a DOS formatted floppy one time
> but later I could not read from another DOS floppy that I had written
> to with Linux and then with Windows 98.

Floppies are notoriously unreliable.  Do you have any known good
floppies you can test your floppy drive with ?  If so, try writing and
reading to the floppy from both of two different drives with it.

> 4. Of lesser importance, how do I get the date to display as
> yyyy-mm-dd in file listings etc. as I can in Windows 98?

Get the source code for the ls command and modify it.  There is no
option (currently) for "ls" to display the date that way. (Unless its
undocumented, a possibility)
Or were you refering to one of the new GUI tools?  (And if so, which
one?)
--
Linux/Open Source.  Your base belongs to you, free, forever.
Idealism:  "Realism applied over a longer time period"

~
~
~
~