RCN vs. Comcast

At 04:06 PM 11/12/2004, Don Levey wrote:
>> I have a choice between
>> Comcast and RCN. Has anybody on the list used RCN, and what was your
>> experience like?
>
>I'm on RCN,
>However, they block incoming port 80 access for dynamic IPs.  ... they also block port 25 outbound

I have both.

RCN seems better for web surfing, better connectivity and speed. But that is purely subjective.

Comcast does not block HTTP, but I only have HTTPS open.

Comcast does not block SMTP. But for outbound I smarthost through them, else aol.com and some others deny your email.

Hope that helps.