Cool piece of technology

markw at mohawksoft.com wrote:
> I ran across this code: http://www.sqlite.org
> Anyone have any experience with it?
>
> What do you all think?

I think the documentation should make clear that if you want a process
(e.g., a Web CGI script) to write to the database, the user owning the
process (e.g., "www") has to have permission to write to the ".db" file
*and the directory containing it*.  I spent an obscenely long time
trying to get a Maypole demo running on my server before I figured out
that this was the reason (well, one of the reasons) it was failing.

--
"If John Kerry was the last best hope for the Republic ... then maybe
  it wasn't worth saving in the first place.  I don't believe that,