Linux install problems

My FC2 Linux installation still has problems.

1.
Thanks for the help with the datetime format:
   alias ls="ls --time-style=+%Y-%m-%d^%H:%M:%S"
   alias ls "ls --time-style=+%Y-%m-%d^%H:%M:%S"
These work fine for the bash and csh shells but
xwindow listings still have the datetime in partial
and mixed order.

2.
I can not seem to find a way to make "sort" sort whole
lines in ascii order.  It keeps putting text ending in
non-space before text ending in " ".  This seems so
bizarre.

3.
Linux cannot read floppies written with Windows98 from
the other partition of the same computer but these
floppies can be read on another computer running
Windows98.  However, Linux does read floppies written
with WindowsNT on another computer.

4.
I have compressed files (filename.Z) read off of a
floppy but I cannot uncompress them because
"uncompress" does not seem to be on my computer but I
do have the man pages.

5.
I was told that Linux could read files from the
Windows98 partition but I was not told how to do it.

6.
I want to make my default partition csh but I don't
remember how.  Also want to add other users.

7.
I added some programs from the FC2 installation CDs
and Linux complained about the partitioning (done with
Partition Magic) but they seemed to install ok.

8.
Don't know the difference between KDE and Gnome.
We installed Gnome.  Would KDE be more to my liking?
If I install KDE, do I have to uninstall Gnome first?
Will I loose my non-system files?

9.
The Windows98 partition still does not see the network
(on either side of my router) that it use to see.
Linux still does not see the shared printer on the
other computer running Windows98 but it does see
outside.