[blu] Re: OT: Open source voting machines and other gizmos (was Re: Comcast and SORBS)

On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 12:41:52PM -0500, Ben Jackson wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Jeff Kinz wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 11:23:10AM -0500, Gordon Marx wrote:
> > > On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 11:15:26 -0500, Bob George
> > >
> > > Um...why?
> >
> *snips non-techie reasons*

Ok, my bad - I'm not talking about open sourcing the toll system.  I'm
talking about getting rid of the tolls.

> All your concerns can be addressed by the current existing system. The
> system is rated at 55MPH (FL uses the same system and I think their
> toll speed limit is 40MPH) the problem is just that  MA has decided to
> make triply-sure they get their pound of  flesh. Don't blame the system,
> blame the beancounters.
>
> I do need to get off my rear and buy one of those, I'm sick of stopping at
> the Tobin to pay tolls.

Had one almost since the beginning.  Wait until you start getting
letters hitting you with $55 fines because their equipment
is screwed up.  Its a real laugh riot.

> Also, you'll never eliminate the human system, as their are luddites and
> out-of-state users who use our highways and don't have the transponder.

As long as you have the toll system, this is true.  So - Eliminate
the tolls.

--
Linux/Open Source.  Your base belongs to you, free, forever.
Idealism:  "Realism applied over a longer time period"

~
~
~
~