[blu] Re: [blu] Re: OT: Open source voting machines and other gizmos (was Re: Comcast and SORBS)

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Jeff Kinz wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 12:41:52PM -0500, Ben Jackson wrote:
> > On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Jeff Kinz wrote:
> >
> > I do need to get off my rear and buy one of those, I'm sick of stopping at
> > the Tobin to pay tolls.
>
> Had one almost since the beginning.  Wait until you start getting
> letters hitting you with $55 fines because their equipment
> is screwed up.  Its a real laugh riot.

My dad uses one way to much almost everywhere (Turnpike, Tobin, and
Sumner) ever since the thing came out and he has never gotten a letter.
Perhaps it is a PESWAS (Problem Exists Between Steering Wheel and Seat)
error? ;)

I just called him to confirm. He been in the program since the start and
he has recieved no fines.

> > Also, you'll never eliminate the human system, as their are luddites and
> > out-of-state users who use our highways and don't have the transponder.
>
> As long as you have the toll system, this is true.  So - Eliminate
> the tolls.

I'm 100% against elimination of because, it correctly targets those who
use the road, as opposed to those who don't. If I don't feel like paying,
I don't have to use the damn things, as there are always alternate
routes.

Tolls: I use the Tobin twice a week. I pay $3 for each trip. I am paying
for the repairs that are being done right now.

No tolls: I use the Tobin bridge twice a week. I pay taxes every year that
help fix the bridge. My mom also helps pay for the bridge, however, she
never drives over the damn thing.

You're "Western MA turnpike users are paying for the Big Dig" complaint is
also moot, because they will also be paying for the damn thing in taxes if
the tolls are eliinated.

					~Ben

--
/"\  Ben Jackson