OT: Open source voting machines and other gizmos (was Re: Comcast and SORBS)

<SNIP/>

> I don't think "pay as you go" would work particularly well for things
> like road systems, airports, water and electrical delivery. Otherwise,
> might as well each carve out a cabin up in the hills and hunt our own
> damned food. That, or we can pump quarters into the meter.

<SNIP/>

We maybe could create a totally national mass transit paid for by taxes.
No more individuals vehicles except off road for police, farmers, and
national park service employees for example. Board any transit (bus,
train, plane) with a National ID card; no ID no ride. It's a thought...