OT: Open source voting machines and other gizmos (was Re: Comcast and SORBS)

On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 04:35:56PM -0500, Al wrote:
> national park service employees for example. Board any transit (bus,
> train, plane) with a National ID card; no ID no ride. It's a thought...

I don't want to be identified to ride public transportation.  It's an
invasion of my privacy, and opens the door to a wide variety of abuses
by government and law enforcement.  No thanks.

It saddens me that anyone could think requiring identification for any
commonplace daily activity is a good idea...

-=-=-=-=-