Observations on the SORBS FAQ (was Re: Comcast and SORBS)

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Bob George wrote:

> Rich Braun wrote:

> They also state:
> --- begin quote ---
> End Users, you may send submission requests, however please be aware you
> maybe asked to get your ISP to request the change.
> --- end quote ---
>
> Which I read as: If I don't want the address assigned by my ISP to be
> blocked, I should ask them to make a request to SORBS. If your ISP permits
> the running of servers, presumably they could be persuaded to make this
> request.

My first guess here would be that they were sick of getting requests to
have cable modem dynamic IPs removed from blocking.  In most cases with
cable modems running a mail server is against the ISPs terms of service,
so requiring ISP involvement would be a quick way to get the request shot
to hell.