Blackmesa HL? Case Mod - Drive Enclosure

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 10:02:20PM -0500, Bob Gorman wrote:

> >> Blackmesa HL?  Case Mod
> >> http://members.home.nl/gis/
> >
> >Call me boring but this catches my fancy more....  http://mashie.org/casemods/udat1.html
>
> I like the drive enclosure. So a quick look at newegg.com reveals some reasonably priced ones from SuperMicro, a 4-bay and a 5-bay.
>
>   http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-121-402
>   http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-121-404
>
> Anyone have experience or opinions on these or similar low priced products?
>
> I already know of the Adaptec, 3ware, and Promise versions.

	I've been idly looking for a reasonable cheap many-port SATA card for a while.  Most so far seem
to have too few ports or too much functionality (I'm looking at using software RAID, so I'd like to skip
the price bump that hardware RAID brings).

	Anybody know of something along those lines?  It might be time for me to start adding SATA drives
to the stable...

Frank