XOrg <-> XFree86

Guys,

I got the Sony VAIO 270 and will post a report on getting linux up
and running on it. (It's loaded, but rather unstable) Big problem
is the X11 component and I'm thinking of downloading the ATI
linux driver. The problem is that the ATI linux driver is expecting
an XFree86 install of X11 instead of the XOrg which is currently
installed (I loaded fedora core 3) Do you guys know if I could proceed
and install the ATI driver or do I need to somehow back end in
an XFree86 version of X11 onto my fedora core 3 install.

Thanks.

Steve.