Backups was Restoring MBR - Solved

Robert L Krawitz wrote:
>    I'm posting here, though, to query why the heck a company needs to
>    store a terabyte or more of *anything*.
>
> Think about a financial services company that issues credit cards, and
> they need to store data on every single transaction for years.  They
> *absolutely* need that backup.
We actually have a large number of clients with MUCH more than a
terabyte of data. These are some of the largest advertising agencies and
print/media houses in the world. With high-res photography and artwork
costing thousands of dollars each to produce, and images ranging in size
from 50megs to 500megs each, this adds up quickly. Most of our customers
have at least a TB of data online, multiple TB nearline (in the tape
library), as well as multiple TB offline (tapes on a shelf). The only
practical solution are LTO or AIT-4 for disaster recovery and AIT-3/4 or
DLT for nearline/offline storage.
Grant M.
--
Grant Mongardi