Tufts University is seeking a Directory Engineer / Unix Systems Administrator

The University Systems Group at Tufts University has a position open,
Directory Engineer / Unix Systems Administrator. We actively seeking
applicants.

The University Systems Group (USG) provides enterprise mail, web,
identity, and research computing services to the Tufts community as well
as other UNIX-based services of more restricted scope.

The Directory Engineer will help lead the ongoing development of
directory and identity services, solidifying and enhancing our directory
infrastructure, and the related infrastructure, service and support
systems. He/she will: handle technical development of directory enabled,
middleware systems including authentication, authorization and
provisioning; lead project management of the directory team, including
technical staff, and various technical and policy working group and
committees; manage technical development of directory services by
integrating the directory with core business systems; participate in
USG)B?s architectural, strategic, and service design process; investigate
new middleware technologies and develop opportunities to utilize these
technologies, top optimize, and facilitate University information
technology services.

This position requires a Bachelor)B?s degree and five to ten years of
experience with information systems, with focused experience on Unix
systems administration. This position also requires in depth knowledge
of LDAP implementations and demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve
complex problems. The successful candidate will possess strong
communication skills, both written and oral. Experience in higher
education or equivalent complex heterogeneous environments is highly
desirable. The ideal candidate will use their innovation and creativity
to identify opportunities to advance a University identity management
and directory enabled focus, balancing technology improvement with the
requirements and limitations of the stakeholder community. He/she will
also provide a mature, politically savvy perspective to a technology
centric group.

Salary range is around $80,000. This position is located on the Medford
Campus.

Tufts is a terrific place to work. We offer great benefits including
Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, several
retirement plans, generous sick and vacation time, as well as tuition
benefits for you and your family. Perhaps more importantly, the people
here really make Tufts special.

To apply, please visit our website, www.tufts.edu and click on job
opportunities. Any questions may be directed to me, Pete Tangney.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Pete Tangney
IT Recruiter
Tufts University